... in the Summer of 2002 a friend gave me a copy of Gina Garan's book "This Is Blythe" ... one look at her dolls and I was hooked, so in September I bought my very first Blythe: a "All Gold in One" and I named her BLEETHEUX.

My second doll was a "Bohemian Beats" and I named her HORTENSIA, an old-fashioned latin name which I just love, and up to now she is probably still my favorite girl!

Over the years I bought more dolls and I now have 14 Blythes: each one has been named, they have very defined personalities and they have traveled with me quite extensively, in their very stylish personalised wardrobes.
For quite sometime I have not paid much attention to my dolls, but now I'm again very attracted to them, so I've decided that I will post a different picture of one girl every day.

Ilaria, September 2010

Monday, September 27, 2010

Saturday night at Bowling Loreto

DOMITILLA, is my fourteenth (and at the moment my last) Blythe, she's a Limited Edition for Toys-R-Us "Cloud Nine Bowl". She was a gift, again from my sister, for Christmas 2007.
Here she's wearing her original outfit for a fun night-out at Bowling Loreto, in Milan.

I love this doll, she has the most beautiful skin color of all my girls, perfect pink cheeks and lips, and teal eye-shadow. Plus, she has very special eye colors: sparkly light blue, apple green, light brown (very pretty!) and the standard pink, which actually I think goes quite well with her orange hair. Also, I like very much her original outfit (normally I'm not a big fan and I always undress my girls right away when I take them out of the box), but this set is so detailed and cute that I usually keep DOMITILLA in her pink dress. This means that poor Domitilla is the only one who doesn't have her own personalized wardrobe ... yet... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment